Postgraduate Law Courses
New for September 2019: Study a Range of Postgraduate Courses in Nottingham
Our innovative postgraduate law courses are designed and taught by lawyers with real commercial experience and have a strong emphasis on building the practical skills that employers are looking for. We offer flexibility to suit your needs: choose to study on campus or online with a choice of full-time and part-time options.
New MAs - starting from September 2019
Our MAs from our new Master's in Law suite of programmes are designed for non-law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of law.
Legal Practice Course (LPC)
For students with a GDL or law degree, our LPC is the best preparation to practise as a solicitor, with the skills to succeed in business. Want to study online? Visit our i-LLM LPC page.
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
For students with a GDL or law degree, our BPTC now includes the option to qualify with an additional Master of Laws (BPTC LLM) to help you secure pupillage and prepare you for life as a barrister.
New LLMs - Starting from September 2019
Our LLMs from our new Master's in Law suite of programmes are designed for law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of the law. Study face to face or online.
LLM Legal Practice Programmes
Master English Law and progress your career with our face-to-face LLMs Legal Practice Programmes. Choose from three specialisms: Commercial Law, Conflict Resolution and Intellectual Property. LLM Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) is also available in collaboration with Webster Vienna Private University.
Online LLM Programmes
Designed for law graduates and qualified lawyers, our LLMs will broaden your career horizons and enhance your legal skills in a specialised practice area: LLM Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) and LLM Legal Practice (Intellectual Property).
MSc in Legal Technology or Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) in Legal Technology
Our MSc and PGDip in Legal Technology is available for both law and non-law graduates, providing you with an insight into this rapidly developing area. You will learn the basics of this exciting and often disruptive technology in a legal context and the regulation which is being formed around it.
Online MSc Programmes
Building on expertise gained from the International Compliance Association (ICA) Professional Postgraduate Diploma, or the STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising, develop your international legal and compliance, legal and financial crime compliance, or private wealth advice knowledge with our career enhancing Masters qualifications.
* 97% of our full-time 2016/17 and accelerated 2017/17 LPC students graduating in summer 2017 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course.
Select your preferred course below to find out more
You develop lots of skills which are invaluable in any career, not just lawMichael Brainerd , GDL Student, Guildford
Our track record speaks for itself
We combine years of experience, unrivalled legal expertise, and a focus on your future employability:
- An established history in legal education: We’ve trained more lawyers than anyone else in the UK as one of the longest-established provider of legal education.
- TEF Gold Standard: We have been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework for our teaching, learning and results for our undergraduate students.
- Over 64,000 alumni: We have the UK’s largest legal alumni group, offering students exceptional networking opportunities.
- Specialist legal career service: Our legal careers and employability service is one of the largest in the UK, with over 30 experts providing one-to-one support
- Award winning pro bono team: As a ULaw student, you will have access to over 3,000 opportunities to put your legal skills into practice.
- 97% employment: Helping you become employable is a central aim of our legal training programmes. 97% of our full-time 2016/17 and accelerated 2017/17 LPC students graduating in summer 2017 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course.
- Exceptional pupillage rates: 71% of our full-time UK/EEA BPTC students graduating in 2017 secured a pupillage within one year of successfully completing their course.
- Established professional mentoring programme: We work with over 500 practising lawyers who bring a wealth of experience to our student mentoring programme.
- Taught by qualified lawyers: All of our postgraduate tutors are qualified lawyers, bringing extensive practical experience to your studies.
- 12 locations in eleven cities: We have 12 locations in eleven cities around the UK, including our new campus in Nottingham as well as the University of Exeter, the University of Liverpool and the University of Reading.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority is introducing a new assessment framework for intending solicitors, the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE). Find out more about the SQE here