What does a Market Researcher do?
The collection and analysis of data and information to present to clients to help them to make informed political, social and economic decisions. The majority of market researchers are employed by marketing agencies that range in size, where work is carried out on numerous projects for different companies and industries.
What skills does a Market Researcher need?
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in addition to team working skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Creativity and the ability to solve problems
- The ability to negotiate and persuade
- Knowledge of research technology and tools
- An interest in psychology and behaviour.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.