Online Business Management
|Award||BA (Hons) Business Management|
|Duration||3 years (full-time)|
|Next Start||September 2019|
|Course Fees||£5,700 per annum|
|Further information on course fees|
The BA (Hons) Business Management provides you with a comprehensive account of contemporary management theory and practice. You will become acquainted with the key business functions of finance, marketing, and leadership as it spans across the global business landscape.
Delivered 100% online, this programme is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and awarded by The University of Law. Graduates will receive a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership alongside their degree.
Who is this course for?
Created for the next generation of business leaders with global career aspirations.
The 3-year BA (Hons) Business Management comprises the following modules:
Year 1 modules
Six compulsory modules (standard across all pathways)
- Essentials of Management
- Academic and Professional Studies
- Principles of Marketing
- Accounting and Finance
- International Business Environment
- Managing and Leading People
Year 2 modules
The second year consists of six modules:
Four compulsory modules (standard across all pathways)
- Leading Change
- Corporate Responsibility
- Economics, Economy and Trade
- Personal and Professional Development
Choose two elective modules
- Information and Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Personal Finance
- Contemporary Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Customer Behaviour
- Marketing Communications in the Digital World
Year 3 modules
Four compulsory modules
- Sector Specific Project or Sector Internship or Dissertation
- Global Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Creativity Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Choose one elective module
- Effective Managerial Decision Making
- Financial Risk Management
- International Digital Marketing
- Strategic Human Resource Management
How will you learn?
At The University of Law Business School, we give you the opportunity to gain your undergraduate degree entirely online, with the same standards of tuition and academic rigour as you’d find on our campus programmes. As well as having the freedom to study with us from any location worldwide, you’ll receive dedicated support from our faculty members and have access to careers guidance throughout the duration of your programme.
Whichever online programme you choose, you’ll acquire the skills, competencies, and business acumen needed to take your career forward through our full range of innovative online study resources, which allow you to create your own timetable and fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments.
With your undergraduate study materials delivered directly to your PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone at the time and location of your choice, you’ll have the freedom to get the knowledge and abilities that leading employers are looking for – wherever you are in the world.
Students will be provided with online lectures and workshops for each module. You will be expected to complete each workshop, before progressing to the next one – this ensures your academic learning stays on track. There will be interactive activities, with other students, and business tasks to complete. You will be supported by academic staff in undertaking activities and tasks. To prepare for these tasks, students will be directed to a range of electronic learning resources including e-books, professional body resources, the FT and online databases.
As an online student, you’ll have access to:
- A range of professionally produced tuition videos to support each module, featuring detailed animations to help you absorb complex concepts
- Case studies taken from the real business world to help strengthen your learning
- Downloadable reading materials, so you can revise on-the-go
- Varied assessments and assignments and complemented by online discussions with your programme tutor and classmates
- An online library of international recognised journals, databases, newspaper articles, and primary source materials
- Interactive VoiceThread videos where you can comment on tutor-led presentations via webcam
- One-to-one student support, including a personal tutor who will supervise your academic development throughout the duration of the course
Examination and assessments
Assessment for the online programmes is designed to meet the academic and professional learning outcomes for each module. Online students can expect to prepare for and receive feedback on seminars, workshops, tests and presentations, as well as assignments, projects, and exams. Online students are particularly required to partake in group work and group assessments with their peers, which will form part of their summative grade.
Study materials and online support
Upon enrolment, students will receive access to Canvas, our user-friendly e-learning platform which hosts all of your digital learning materials in one place. You will gain access to e-books, videos, downloadable PDF flashcards, and an online community hub of bespoke academic resources. Students are allocated a subject supervisor for each subject, who provides feedback on submitted work. Induction covers handbook and assessment/learning regimes. In addition, you will have access to our online library of facilities and learning resources form the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and the Financial Times. These resources provide a range of professional and business based materials that represent live or the most up-to-date market trends, sector based articles, and analysis reports.