What does a Sales Promotion Account Executive do?
Sales promotion account executives create and run promotional marketing campaigns to increase the sales or the use of a product or service. Customers are offered opportunities to buy with a range of strategies, including competitions, samples, coupons, promotions and point-of-sale displays.
What skills does a Sales Promotion Account Executive need?
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Self-confidence and the ability to persuade
- The ability to use your initiative and be proactive
- Attention to detail
- Team working skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Administrative skills
- Commercial awareness
- You may also need budget management skills when working out project costs.
How do I become a sales promotion account executive?
You can become a sales promotion account executive regardless of your educational background, although it would be beneficial if you have previous experience in sales, advertising, marketing or customer service. Companies are mainly interested in your skills, enthusiasm and business sense. However, it is worth noting some well-known global agencies prefer graduates with a degree classification of 2:1 or above.
- BSc Business Management
- BSc Business Management with Law
- BSc Business Management with Marketing
- BSc International Strategic Business Management
- BSc Psychology
How much does a sales promotion account executive make?
The starting salary can be between £18,000 and £24,000, depending on the location and type of work the company does. Account managers or senior account executives salaries can range between £25,000 and £38,000 depending on experience. Account directors or senior account directors can reach £75,000+. Some companies offer benefits such as bonus schemes, pension, private healthcare and life insurance.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.