What does a Sales Promotion Account Executive do?
Sales promotion account executives create and run promotional marketing campaigns to increase the sales or the use of a product or service. Customers are offered opportunities to buy with a range of strategies, including competitions, samples, coupons, promotions and point-of-sale displays.
What skills does a Sales Promotion Account Executive need?
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Self-confidence and the ability to persuade
- The ability to use your initiative and be proactive
- Attention to detail
- Team working skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Administrative skills
- Commercial awareness
- You may also need budget management skills when working out project costs.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.