What does a Recruitment Consultant do?
The attraction of the right candidates to match to job opportunities with employers, who pay commission for the service. Clarity on what employers are looking for and the ability to screen candidates for their suitability for advertised vacancies is key.
What skills does a Recruitment Consultant need?
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills are needed when approaching candidates and liaising with clients
- A goal-orientated approach to work
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Ambition and the determination to succeed
- An understanding of numbers and budgets is needed when negotiating agency fees
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Time management and organisational skills are needed when dealing with multiple vacancies at the same time
- Team-working skills
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.