What does a Marketing Executive do?
This typically requires contribution to and development of integrated marketing campaigns to promote a product, service or idea. Many organisations have marketing departments, meaning that you can work in both the private and public sector in areas ranging from finance, retail and media to voluntary and charitable organisations.
What skills does a Marketing Executive need?
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer-facing and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to think strategically in order to plan and create campaigns
- Creativity and design skills in order to produce marketing materials for both print and online
- An eye for detail
- Monitoring, reporting and analytical skills to evaluate marketing campaigns
- Drive and self-motivation
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to work well under pressure to campaign deadlines
- Teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant technology
- Knowledge of social media and an understanding of social media strategy
- Numeracy skills
- Researching skills are needed to find trends in the market
- Knowledge and understanding of technology such as automated systems used for campaign and customer management
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading skills
- Organisational and event planning skills
- You may also need to manage budgets.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.