What does a Project Manager do?
As a project manager you’ll need to track work to be completed, set deadlines and delegate tasks to your project team, identifying any potential risks. Ultimately, you’re responsible for completing the project work in-line with the plan and will often report progress to senior managers.
MSc Project Management
MSc Leadership and Human Resource Management
MSc Strategic Business Management
BA Business Management
Law with International Business
BA Business Management with Law
BSc International Business Management
What skills does a Project Manager need?
- Excellent organisation skills to plan the use of people and resources in order to meet deadlines
- Business management skills
- The ability to motivate people
- The ability to use your initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead a project team
- The ability to monitor and control budgets
- Leadership skills
- A thorough approach to work and pay attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations
- Ability to stay calm and use initiative to make decisions under pressure
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Numeracy skills and commercial awareness
- Stamina, persistence and determination
- Team working skills
- Mathematical knowledge and analytical skills
- Technical knowledge, related to the sector and project, may be required
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.