What does a Management Consultant do?
Management consultants help organisations to solve issues, create value, maximise growth and improve business performance. They use their business skills to provide objective advice and expertise, as well as helping organisations to develop any specialist skills that they may be lacking. They are often required to identify options for an organisation, suggest recommendations for change and advise on additional resources to implement solutions.
What skills does a Management Consultant need?
- Interpersonal and team working skills, as well as the ability to build rapport quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, creativity and innovation
- The ability to problem solve and plan strategically
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret data
- The ability to cope with pressure and face challenges
- Confidence when presenting
- Attention to detail when identifying and investigating issues and planning how to overcome them
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments and processes.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.