Considering Transferring from another university?

Have you started your degree at another university, but your personal circumstances have changed and you need to study online or closer to home? Or did you start a standard law degree and now want to add a specialism to stand out from the crowd? At ULaw we welcome transfer students.

What does transferring university mean?

By transferring university you are essentially taking what you have achieved with your first university and taking it to a second one. The second university may recognise all of your achievements with the first university or just some of them, depending on what their course looks like compared to the one you were first studying at.  This is called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). More about this below.

Why transfer to The University of Law?

We welcome transfer students and can offer you:

More Flexibility
  • Choose from eight campuses at which to study our LLB (Hons) Law degree: Bristol, Birmingham, Chester, Guildford, Leeds, London Bloomsbury, Manchester and Nottingham.
  • Choose from a wide range of courses, some running 2 years, others 3 years or 4 years with a Foundation Year.


  • Study online with 3, 4 and 6 year options, allowing you to fix your studies around your commitments. We also offer a 4.5 year January start online LLB (Hons) Law course.
More Choice

We offer a range of undergraduate courses in:

A different learning style with a focus on practical study and employability
  • Our undergraduate degrees are designed to be the most relevant and rounded degree level education available to help you achieve your career ambitions - truly professional undergraduate degrees
  • For Law, over 90% of our tutors are qualified lawyers so you will learn how to apply law in practice and develop the transferable skills demanded by employers. Whether you're considering a career in law or the wider commercial world, we can help you achieve your ambitions.
  • For Business, all of our tutors have commercial experience
What's your next step?

If you’ve already successfully completed course(s) at another institution then you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), so that you don’t have to repeat a module you have already successfully completed. You can find out more about RPL here.

To transfer you will need to submit an application for the course you wish to study. Within the application you will be given the opportunity to let us know whether you intend to apply for RPL. If you have any queries on our courses or application process please contact the our friendly Team at


Enquire Now