Outstanding students at The University of Law Guildford were honoured in a prize-giving ceremony this week.
Top performers from the LLB, Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) were rewarded for their achievements with prizes sponsored by an array of law firms, The University of Law and other organisations.
A number of students collected more than one prize, including Kizzie Fenner, who collected five awards for her outstanding work on the LPC.
Kizzie was joined by 16 students and their families for the evening, which gave the students, alumni and law firms in attendance an opportunity to network and celebrate together.
Legal firms who sponsored prizes were Clyde & Co. LLP, Fearon & Co., Coffin Mew LLP, Gordons Partnership LLP, Stevens & Bolton LLP, DLA Piper, GCL Solicitors, Howell Jones Solicitors, Penningtons Manches LLP, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, and TWM Solicitors LLP. Other prizes were sponsored by property search company STL Group, the Surrey Law Society and family law organisation Resolution.
Sarah Pooley, Centre Director of The University of Law Guildford, said: “Our annual awards evening is an opportunity to celebrate the successes of our LL.B, GDL and LPC students. We were delighted to welcome back our prize-winners and to congratulate them on their outstanding examination results. The evening would not have been possible without the support of the local legal community and we would like to thank all the sponsoring firms and organisations for their generosity.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Surrey Law Society Prize for highest results in June examinations at Guildford - Henry Ashwell and Samuel Hartman
- Clyde & Co. Prize for Tort - Samuel Hartman
- Clyde & Co. Prize for Constitutional Law/Public Law - Sophia Dzwig
- Fearon & Co. Prize for Land and Contract - Rosa Pritchard
- Coffin Mew LLP Prize for the Research Project/Law of Organisations - Hugo Mason, Andrew Sims, and Laura White
- The University of Law Prize for the highest average mark on the LL.B 2014/2016 - Marc Burrows and Rachel Guidi
- TWM LL.B Employability Prize - Ellen Fanning
- The University of Law Prize for the highest average mark on the Full-Time LPC - Kizzie Fenner
- The University of Law Prize for the highest average mark on the Part-Time LPC - Kirsten Lea
- Resolution Prize for Family Law - Shabana Islam and Jennifer Peebles
- Gordons Partnership LLP Prize for Civil Litigation - Tania Rahmany
- Alasdair Benzie Prize for Business Law (presented by Stevens & Bolton) - Kizzie Fenner
- DLA Piper Prize for Business and Commercial Law - Kizzie Fenner
- GCL Prize for Property Law & Practice – part-time - Kimberley Lynch and Alison Murtha
- STL Group Prize for Property Law and Practice - Kizzie Fenner
- Howell Jones Prize for Employment Law - Kathryn Green
- Michael Fellingham Memorial Prize for Private Client (presented by Penningtons Manches) - Charlotte Meredith
- Charles Russell Speechlys Prize for Commercial Dispute Resolution - Kizzie Fenner
- Surrey Resolution Prize for Excellence in Family Law and Overall on the LPC - Habiba Ahmed
Find out more about what it’s like to study at our Guildford campus.