If you are a senior in-house lawyer looking to develop your skills in leadership then we have a new virtual course just for you.
Event type: Course
Duration: Seven half day sessions
2023 dates: 17 January, 28 February, 28 March, 25 April, 23 May, 20 June and 18 July
Provided by: The University of Law and The Centre for Legal Leadership
‘The Lead In-House Lawyer’ course has been created in partnership with The Centre for Legal Leadership, with the purpose of fostering the skills of senior in-house lawyers. The course is aimed at in-house lawyers looking to enhance their skillset and build their confidence in order to excel in their current role, or individuals looking to advance their careers and become Head of Legal.
The attendees will use their experience and knowledge to bridge the gap between in-house counsel and Head of Legal.
The topics covered include:
- People: Consider how you motivate and encourage the people you work with.
- Strategy: Examine and develop your organisation’s legal strategy.
- Stakeholders: Reflect on how you interact with the stakeholders and how they influence legal.
- Risk: Communicate and identify your organisation’s risk more effectively.
- Managing Expectations: Understand what is expected of the legal team and show their value.
- Team Building: Consider what makes a passionate team and how you retain the most competent lawyers.
- Finance: Scrutinise the finances and develop a legal budget reflective of it.
‘The Lead In-House Lawyer’ course will take place virtually over seven sessions and feature guest lectures from some of the most successful individuals in the legal field.
Individual places cost £1,995 (plus VAT). We are delighted to be able to offer an early bird price of £1495 (plus VAT), available until 30 November 2022. Upon completion of the course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from ULaw/CLL. Participants will also gain discounts and early access to future courses and membership to future networking events and the Alumni group grows.
For more details on the course, including how to register, please contact: [email protected]