The business of a bank is increasingly diverse, with most undertaking a wide variety of services and trading on their own account in shares, securities and other financial instruments. This three-hour face-to-face course provides junior banking lawyers with a basic understanding of the key tax issues in relation to the lending and borrowing of money.
It is available on an in-house or consortium basis for organisations with a number of delegates and incorporates know-how from the renowned Practical Law.
The course is aimed at junior banking lawyers, or those who are new to the practice area and looking to refresh their knowledge.
- Provides essential basic tax knowledge, specifically tailored to banking practice
- Builds confidence with a ‘keep it simple’ approach to technical tax issues and how they apply to generic banking documentation
- Designed and delivered by experienced practitioners with major City firm experience
- Incorporates know-how from the renowned Practical Law
- Extremely practical and interactive to ensure learning is directly applicable in the workplace
Find out more
Call +44 (0)1483 216 663
This face-to-face course is delivered by our highly experienced trainers at a time and location to suit you. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of tax and how it interacts with lending transactions
- Understand what withholding tax is and when and how it applies as a tax
- Understand the tax considerations for a borrower when entering into a lending transaction
- Understand the implications of using a margin ratchet on the tax treatment of a loan
- Understand how stamp duty and SDRT might apply in relation to the transfer or assignment of a loan
- Appreciate the VAT issues that might arise for banks on lending transactions
- Understand how tax clauses in a standard loan facility agreement operate and how these provisions may potentially impact on the borrower
Modules can be delivered throughout the year to meet your requirements.
Training can be delivered either at one of our centres, your premises or an appropriate third party venue nationwide.
Course fees vary according to requirements. Please contact us directly for a personalised quotation to meet your needs.
To discuss how we can meet your organisation's requirements and for more information, please call our Client Contact Centre on +44 (0)1483 216 663 or e-mail email@example.com
We go to great lengths to ensure that the information provided is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to withdraw or change, for any reason and without notice, any of the programmes and/or to alter tuition fees, locations, entry requirements and/or the facilities and/or services available from or provided by or on behalf of the University. Please note that the choice of subjects may be limited by considerations of timetable, staffing and/or available places on a course.
The course has been accredited for three CPD hours by both the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
For legal employers
To maximise profit and potential… give your lawyers an edge with our Professional Development training courses. Contact us to discuss your training requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access our training by practice area
From tax to trusts, we have quality training covering all the major practice areas - more information on practice areas.