Firms want and need their solicitors to receive practical, up-to-date training of the highest quality, delivered by experienced trainers.
Our professional development courses are tailored to solicitors with 0-3 years post-qualification experience (PQE) and are designed to upskill delegates in their chosen practice area.
Many solicitors with more than 3 years PQE also value our courses, as courses provide the opportunity for them to brush up on a particular area.
Courses are available in seven practice areas.
Legacy of experience
- Courses are designed and taught by our highly experienced team of trainers, all of whom are solicitors or barristers with practical experience.
- We deliver training for a large number of firms including UK magic circle firms, receiving excellent feedback.
- We recognise the specificrequirements of different practice areas.
Fit for practice
- Courses focus on the required knowledge of both law and practice.
- Exercises are interactive and case-study based, equipping solicitors to apply their knowledge straight away.
- Courses are available both online and at our Moorgate campus through our Consortia programmes, or can be delivered in-house at your firm.
- Your firm can take part in our courses on an ad hoc basis or as a structured training programme.
- Courses are delivered more than once throughout the year, so solicitors can attend at a time convenient to them.
- Modules are either 3.5, 4.5 or 6 hours in duration.
Tailor-made programme options
- We can create a bespoke programme to be delivered in-house for your firm depending on the needs of your solicitors. Please contact us to discuss: [email protected]
A seamless journey
- Our Consortia schedules are published up to a year in advance (see schedules below).
- We offer automated notifications of upcoming modules to nominated contacts.
- We hold regular review meetings with firms to discuss programme content and feedback.
Our consortium pricing model
- No joining fee.
- Share the cost of the course between firms who book places on that course, pro-rata according to the number of places each firm booked.
- No need to name delegates attending – places may be taken by solicitors available on the day.
- Simply sign a Service Level Agreement.
Practice Area Course Outlines
Banking & Finance Consortium
Comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of banking law and practice. Providing delegates with a greater degree of confidence when dealing with issues that arise in a banking transaction.Discover more
Commercial Property Consortium
This programme provides progressive development of technical expertise and skills using case studies that cover the commercial realities of property transactions.Discover more
Corporate Training Consortium
Covering a wide range of corporate law including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, life of a listed company, contract law and tax for corporate lawyers.Discover more
Dispute Resolution Consortium
Learn about the principal areas of civil commercial dispute resolution practice that solicitors are likely to encounter during their first few years of qualification.Discover more
Private Client Consortium
Study the principal areas of private client practice. Modules include; estate planning, trusts, taxation and wills.Discover more
The course covers the basic principles of the UK corporate tax legislation and applies these to common corporate transactions by using case studies and discussing current business issues.Discover more
Paralegal and Apprenticeship Consortia
This programme has been designed specifically for non-qualified paralegals, either graduates or non-graduates, in order to give them an essential understanding of the concepts that exist in corporate law and practice, including types of business entity, the concept of a company and how companies function, and an introduction to the key areas of corporate practice such as M and A, equity and debt finance, flotations, takeovers, joint ventures, and private equity.Discover more
Join us for six virtual sessions, each interactive workshop will focus on a key area of employment law and practice which can be discussed in depth with fellow professionals using case studies based on real life scenarios.Discover more
2022 – 2023
Banking and Finance – October 2022 to March 2023
Banking and Finance – March 2023 to June 2023
Banking and Finance – October 2023 to March 2024
Corporate – October 2022 to March 2023
Corporate – March 2023 to June 2023
Corporate – October 2023 to March 2024
Dispute Resolution - September 2022 to June 2023
Real Estate - April 2023 to December 2023
Tax – October 2022 to April 2023