What does a Media Buyer do?
Media Buyers are responsible for the negotiation, purchase and monitoring of advertising space and airtime on behalf of clients. The aim is to reach the highest number of people in your target audience at the lowest possible cost. Roles tend to be based in advertising and media agencies working across several or all media, including online, in print, TV and cinema.
What skills does a Media Buyer need?
- Knowledge of relevant technology
- Negotiation skills to get the best advertising space at the best price
- Team work and interpersonal skills for liaising with clients and colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Presentation skills for reporting back to clients
- Good numerical, analytical and research skills to evaluate campaigns
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and the ability to assimilate information quickly
- A good understanding of media
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be decisive
- Problem-solving skills
- Commercial and budget awareness.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.