What does a Company Secretary do?
Company secretaries are responsible for ensuring that an organisation complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains high standards of corporate governance. They tend to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect their areas of work.
What skills does a Company Secretary need?
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people at all levels including directors and board members
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Report writing skills
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- Numeracy, analysis and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach to work and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- Team working skills
- Commercial Awareness.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.