What does a Company Secretary do?
Company secretaries are responsible for ensuring that an organisation complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains high standards of corporate governance. They tend to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect their areas of work.
Applications are now open for our undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including online, part-time and business options.Discover our courses
BSc Business Management
BSc Accounting with Finance
What skills does a Company Secretary need?
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people at all levels including directors and board members
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Report writing skills
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- Numeracy, analysis and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach to work and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- Team working skills
- Commercial Awareness.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.
Find out how we can support you to get the best start possible to your career.Discover more
Find out more about us including our mission and vision for the future of education.Discover more