We are open for Clearing



What is University Clearing?

Clearing is the time of year when applicants who have not secured a place at university can be matched to institutions with places still available. It is also for students who have not met or exceeded their predicted grades. 

When does Clearing open?

Clearing opens from 5th July 2022.

When does clearing end?

Clearing will close on the 21st of September 2022.

How do I go through Clearing?

Check out our Clearing guide for a timeline of the ULaw Clearing process from start to finish. You can only enter one Clearing choice at a time, but if a university doesn’t confirm your place, you can add another.

What details do I need when I call The University of Law's Clearing hotline?

All you will need is your UCAS ID and details of your qualifications.

I can't get through on the hotline. What should I do?

Our phone lines can get busy but please keep trying - we've got lots of staff ready to take your call when you get through.

Can a friend, relative or teacher call the University for me?

Due to the Data Protection Act, if a friend, relative or teacher calls us, we can only give them general information about Clearing. We cannot discuss your application with them. However, don’t be nervous about calling us, that’s what we’re here for, and we’re looking forward to helping you.

I planned to take a gap year, so I haven’t applied through UCAS. Can I apply now?

Absolutely. You can apply to The University of Law through Clearing. You can start this process by calling us. You will then need to fill out a UCAS late application form which can be found on the UCAS Clearing website.

I really want to study at The University of Law but already have a place at another university. Can I still apply?

Yes, you can change your first choice. When clearing opens you can apply to study with ULaw via clearing.

Please note you will have to contact the university currently offering you a place before accepting any offer that we may make you.

How can I apply to The University of Law through Clearing?

If you have achieved better results than those required to meet your current university offer and these grades satisfy our entry requirements, you can apply to us through Clearing. If you have met the requirements for another place you hold, you can release yourself through UCAS Hub and apply via Clearing.

How long until I find out if I’ve been accepted through Clearing?

You will usually be told during the phone call that we have with you. You’ll then need to complete the rest of the process with UCAS Hub.

Can you go through Clearing if you haven't applied through UCAS?

Yes, although if you already have your grades, you don't need to wait.

What will happen about funding my degree?

If you’ve already been approved to receive a loan from Student Finance, then you can still use that loan for your degree. However, you’ll need to let Student Finance know about the change of university. Read our Clearing Checklist to find out more about financing your degree.

Do you have halls of residence, and can I still apply?

We have several accommodation options available depending on which campus you'll be studying at. Simply contact our Accommodation Team and they will be more than happy to help you.

Email: [email protected]

Can international students apply through Clearing?

Yes, as long as you have already applied to universities through UCAS.

Can you apply for deferred entry?

Deferred entry means applying for a course and then taking a year out before starting it. We advise you apply via Clearing for a current year entry and then mention to us you wish to defer. We can then arrange an alternative start date.

Any other queries?

If you have any other queries about Clearing, please get in touch on 0808 301 9846 and one of our team will be happy to help.