Locations: Hong Kong or Online
Start Dates: October 2023
|Full course or modules
|Full course (with 5% Full Package Discount)
|Commercial Law A
|Commercial Law B
|Commercial Law C
|Hong Kong Constitutional Law
|Hong Kong Land Law
|Hong Kong Legal System
Why choose our PPC?
Our PPC is designed to prepare students or graduates of LLB (Hons) and Law Conversion courses to undertake the necessary PCLL Conversion examinations for admissions into the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) in Hong Kong.
Our programme is designed with two objectives in mind: to provide candidates with all the content and knowledge for the exam (including comprehensive manuals for each subject) and to focus on writing skills and exam techniques in a series of intensive seminars taking place right before the PCLL Conversion examinations.
Compared with a traditional law course, our PPC programme offers less lectures and more small-group seminars, with detailed individualised feedback on daily writing exercises.
In addition, we have an entirely online option, with live seminars delivered at UK-friendly times during weekends.
Here are just some of the reasons why we’re best placed to help you prepare for your PCLL Conversion examinations:
- Teaching focused on writing techniques and exam methodology. All our workshops are based on past exam papers, with students receiving individual detailed feedback on each paper written.
- A total per module of 20 hours of lectures and face-to-face time to practice, evaluate, and assess your writing and your exam skills (10 hours for Commercial Law Part C).
- Online option available delivered through our state-of-the-art learning platform
- Each module is offered twice a year, our calendar follows the calendar for the PCLL Conversion examinations, with each module running from October to December (for the January PCLL Conversion examinations) and from April to June (for the June PCLL Conversion examinations).
- Each module gradually accelerates and concludes with intensive writing workshops right before the exams. This allows our students to focus on their other obligations during the semester, and to dedicate more time to their PCLL Conversion examinations in the few weeks and months immediately preceding the exams.
- Flexible study, pre-recorded online lectures that students have access to watch at their own time and pace, followed by attendance on campus or live streamed writing workshops, feedback sessions, and intensive workshops.
Why choose The University of Law?
- Established in 1876, we are one of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education. We have trained more practicing lawyers in the UK than anyone else in the UK.
- Programmes are taught by qualified lawyers with extensive practical experience to pass on to students.
Guidance for delegates
- The PPC's main objective is to prepare students for the PCLL Conversion examinations. It is a non-credit course taught entirely in English, and there are no set entry requirements for the programme. We would however advise delegates that they will get the most out of the programme if they have a profile of at least a 2:2 in their previous studies (or equivalent grades).
Offers and discounts
- 5% off the tuition fee on Full Package bookings.
- HK$5,000 Alumni loyalty scheme discount on Full Package bookings for ULaw graduates.
- 5% off the tuition fee with our PPC with Exemption (Business Associations) Discount - only applicable to bookings of the 7 modules of our PPC: Commercial Law A, Commercial Law B, Commercial Law C, Evidence, Hong Kong Constitutional Law, Hong Kong Land Law and Hong Kong Legal System.
- Pass first time or study for free: we’re so confident in our PPC that, if you don’t pass your PPC module(s), you can re-take our workshops for free*.
* Free workshops re-take applies to students who have attended ULaw's PPC module(s) and received notification from the PCEA that they have failed their PCLL Conversion Examination(s).
See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Intake and locations
On Campus in Hong Kong (Causeway Bay or Tsim Sha Tsui)
Make a booking
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call our local Hong Kong number +852 3959 8667