What does a Supply Chain Manager do?
Supply chain managers are responsible for the movement of goods, from manufacturers and suppliers to the customer. They oversee and manage every stage of the production flow, from purchasing the raw materials to the delivery of the final product.
What skills does a Supply Chain Manager need?
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- The ability to solve problems, make decisions and offer solutions
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Leadership skills and a motivational attitude
- Understanding of relevant technologies and the ability to handle electronic data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information on jobs and what to expect from this career, please visit some of the most widely used sites for careers support.