Staff Recruitment - what might I expect?
- Interview stage – this will be a competency-based interview with a panel of 2-3 University staff. It may include the candidate making a short presentation to the interview panel, or participating in one or more short, work-based exercises. For more senior roles, we may ask you to undertake a psychometric assessment, full details of which will be provided to you as part of the interview process.
- If you are successful at the interview stage and we would like to offer you the role, an oral offer of employment is made, usually by telephone, outlining the terms of employment.
- If you verbally accept the conditional offer, the University will then produce and send out an offer pack. The offer is usually conditional on the following checks being completed satisfactorily:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Health assessment - we require all prospective employees to complete a confidential online health questionnaire. The information provided will either confirm that the candidate is fit for employment, or determine that further information or a medical examination is required, for example to help us understand what reasonable adjustments could be considered to enable you to satisfactorily carry out the role. You will always be consulted before further information is sought.
- Two references - both referees must be from previous employment, one being your present or most recent employer.
- Self-declaration of criminal convictions/safeguarding.
- Proof of qualification.
Depending on the role you have applied for we may also require you to undertake an enhanced, standard or basic DBS check. This process will be explained to you within the initial stages of the offer of employment.
1. Prior to your first day, you will be contacted by your line manager or the person designated to undertake your induction programme. They will confirm arrangements for your first day and be your first point of contact.
2. Within your first week of joining, you will receive a welcome email. This contains details of University benefits available to you, iTrent Employee Self Service and who to contact in regards to e-learning. There will also be a link contained within this email to the HR intranet page where you can familiarise yourself with our policies.