100% for You
At The University of Law, we firmly believe in putting our students at the heart of everything we do. Our efforts will be focused into ensuring your long-term success and we pledge 100% support, 100% commitment and 100% excellence.
That is why we have launched the 100% for You initiative, which builds on our strong graduate employability rate and will involve a series of innovative measures that will deliver more support and academic excellence to those entering the legal profession.
Read more about our 100% for You initiative and the pillars that support it.
Our focus on student success and employment is backed up by:
- The launch of our 100% Employment Promise for LPC students – If you do not obtain a job in nine months you’ll get 100% of your fees back, made up of 50% of your fees as cashback, plus 50% of your fees as credit towards further courses*
- 250+ of our tutors have worked or continue to work in practice, so they know the skills that employers are looking for
- Learn to think and act like a lawyer from day one: our pioneering courses such as our LPC with MSc in Law and Business and specialised LLMs are developed in partnership with major law firms and aligned with the demands of today’s employers
- Continual investment in our facilities. This includes £4 million in our IT systems and mock court rooms so that our students can emulate real life practice
- Enhancements to our existing market-leading LPC. We are introducing tailored business courses for future lawyers. Successfully complete an enhanced pre-qualification MSc Law and Business module together with a new post-qualification Business and Management for Lawyers module, you will be awarded a Certificate from a leading global business school, be better prepared for a career in law and more marketable to employers. The courses will develop your commercial awareness, hone your business knowledge and understanding of how law firms operate as a business. With the specialist knowledge and skills that you will acquire, you will be better equipped to provide commercially focused advice that is tailored to the objectives of your firm and clients
*Please refer to the terms and conditions of our 100% Employment Promise.
We’re the UK’s largest and oldest specialist provider of legal education. We’ve been supporting students since 1876 – here’s how we can support you:
- A wide range of funding options which provide financial support and assistance to our undergraduate and postgraduate students. This includes structuring our Legal Practice Course (LPC), when studied with a Masters, to qualify for the £10,280 Postgraduate Student Loan from the Student Loan Company (SLC)
- Access to the UK’s largest combined University law scholarship, awards and bursaries fund. With £600,000 available for 2017 courses, we’re enabling more students from more backgrounds to achieve their ambitions
- An award-winning Careers and Employability Service, offering you continuous support and a comprehensive programme of useful events to help you improve your prospects
- One of the UK’s largest and most varied pro bono programmes. We offer 3,700 opportunities so you can put what you’ve learnt into practice and work with real clients and lawyers
- The largest network of alumni – excellent networking opportunities with over 60,000 College of Law Alumni who have passed through our doors, including top legal minds as well as business and industry leaders
- Over 600 practising lawyers who bring a wealth of experience to our mentoring programme, making it the largest of its type in the UK
- High levels of student satisfaction. Don’t take our word for it, our best advocates are our students. In the 2016 National Student Survey, our students voted us 1st for overall Student Satisfaction
At The University of Law, we have an outstanding track record in developing professional minds and providing outstanding teaching:
- As the UK’s longest established provider of legal education, we’ve trained more lawyers than anyone else
- Voted 1st for overall Student Satisfaction in the 2016 National Student Survey, with a score of 97% – the highest among all higher education institutions in the UK
- In 2015 more graduates from The University of Law secured training contracts than from any other law school
- Our LPC class of 2014 gained training contracts at over 75 of the UK’s top law firms, including 9 of the top 10
- We work with over 90 of the top 100 law firms and four of the top five global firms
- In 2014, over 2,400 ULaw graduates secured training contracts, which was almost 1,000 more than our nearest competitor
- Consistently more training contracts awarded to ULaw students over the last 4 years than our competitors
- First ever independent institution to gain the power to award degrees
- 4 out of 5 of our LPC students has a 2:1 or 1st Degree.