Working with teachers and other educational professionals within schools and colleges is integral to the success of our work. Whether you are an experienced practitioner or just starting out in an advisory role, we offer a range of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities to support you as you guide your students.
Our specialisms in law and business allow us to be best placed to update you on both the sector and professions, so that you can inform your students and support their journey into higher education and beyond.
Our teacher forums are your chance as teachers of law, business or criminology, to:
- Network with other teachers and advisors in your subject area and share best practice
- Get updates from qualified lawyers and experienced professionals regarding a variety of careers
- Meet our team and other contacts that you can call upon to help support your students, and discuss how we can help you further.
Our forums are held in November at each of our campuses.
To book: Email our undergraduate team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact our team to receive your campus specific agenda.
Teacher and Advisor conferences
We run large regional teacher and advisor conferences at our campuses in Birmingham, London, Manchester and Nottingham, these usually run from late May to early June each year. Our conferences aim to help you prepare your students for success.
These conferences give you a chance to meet our team, find out more about our institution and develop your understanding of courses and developments in the business and law sectors. The agenda for these conferences changes yearly.
Our next Teacher and Advisor conference will be at the following campuses: 4th May Manchester, 5th May Nottingham, 6th May London & 7th May Birmingham.
Examples of potential topics to be covered in 2020 (agenda TBC) include:
- Keynote talks on trends in admissions to our courses, as well as sector challenges for the future
- Plenary talks on preparing students for their careers, what those in the sector look for in future employees and the changing face of recruitment to firms
- Opportunities to meet employers
- Networking lunch
- Opportunity to speak to our team and book school events with us
- A range of optional sessions on the following topics that you can choose to attend: Law and Technology; Widening Participation – debunking myths about access to law; Alternative subjects – criminology, policing and combination subjects; Getting into apprenticeships and what they entail; Career paths from a law degree beyond becoming a lawyer.
4th May Manchester Click here
5th May Nottingham Click here
6th May London Click here
7th May Birmingham Click here