100% of our Business School postgraduate students were in work 15 months after graduating. (2017/18 Graduate Outcomes data.)
employability ULaw Business School Careers Service
At The University of Law Business School, we do more than just help you get a job. We prepare you for a career. And we continue to support you throughout your working life. Whatever your background or education, whether you study full-time or part-time, at a campus or online, whether you’re looking for your first job, a change of direction, or to progress in your chosen career, we have the skills, services and passion to help you to achieve your ambition.
Connect with the world of business
You’ll have access to our network and benefit from our connections, memberships and accreditations.
We have a programme of activities and support to help you every step of the way towards a successful career. Our careers service is available at all our campuses, including our online campus. You can even access our support before you start your course.
Before you start
- Attend an Open Day or employability event and speak directly to our careers experts.
- You’ll be able to access our careers support before you enrol. We’ll let you know how as soon as you accept your place.
While you’re studying with us
- Employability is embedded into all our courses. You’ll develop leadership skills, learn how to run your own business, how to deal with challenging situations, and how to manage people.
- All our undergraduate courses include modules to develop your professional skills and lay the foundations for your whole career. You’ll start preparing for your future career from day one, so you’ll be ahead of the competition and you’ll have evidence to show employers.
- All our master’s courses include our Professional Development – Employability and Leadership module. You’ll develop skills and expertise that you can put into practice immediately, ensuring you get your career off to the best possible start.
- Inspirational events. You’ll be invited to a variety of events, including guest speakers, panel discussions, masterclasses and competitions. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in our Virtual Leadership Experience, one of our most highly rated events. In this half day workshop, students work in teams to solve problems by collaborating with students across all campuses and courses.
- Careers service. Our team of careers consultants will help you identify the right career option for you, help you navigate recruitment processes, and equip you with the skills and insight to succeed as your career progresses. You’ll receive practical support through one-to-one careers appointments and group workshops, including how to present CVs and covering letters, and how to excel at video interviews and assessment centres.
- The University of Law Business School is a member of the Business Graduates Association (BGA). All Business School students are eligible for BGA membership, completely free of charge. As a BGA member, you’ll be able to network with an international community of over 4,000 business students and graduates. You’ll also have access to a range of services, including networking events, development webinars, thought leadership content, and careers resources.
After you graduate
- Many of our programmes include an additional professional CMI accreditation. This accreditation will give you evidence of the skills demanded by employers. You’ll also receive CMI Affiliate membership (saving you the annual fee of £180), which provides a range of curriculum enrichment opportunities and access to a wealth of resources to support you throughout your career. Find out more about CMI accreditation and support here.
- You’ll continue to be a member of the Business Graduates Association (BGA). You’ll be able to network with an international community of over 4,000 business students and graduates. You’ll also have access to a range of services, including networking events, development webinars, thought leadership content, and careers resources.
- You’ll join our Alumni network and receive access to:
- One-to-one support. For 18 months after completing your course, you can continue to access personalised one-to-one email support from our careers consultants. We can help with any issues, including CV or application guidance, interview preparation and career direction.
- Our exclusive Job Vacancy Database.
- Stay connected with former classmates, employers, and our careers team by joining our closed Employability Network on LinkedIn.
Free Master’s, worth up to £17,000
Get more with our free master’s offer.Watch video
Studying with ULaw Business School
ULaw Business School is dedicated to providing quality, inspiring education to drive your career forward.Watch video
Secrets of my success
Alumnus John Watkins, Employability Director.Watch video
open daysUpcoming Dates
Employability We Set You Up For Success
Find out more about employability at The University of Law.Discover more
Find a career that suits you
*100% of postgraduate Business students were employed 15 months after graduating (2017/18 Graduate Outcomes data).