The University of Law is a world leader in legal education and training, producing the future lawyers that the legal profession wants to employ. With our unrivalled reputation for quality and a history going back over 100 years, we have trained more lawyers than anyone else in the UK.
Study with the UK’s longest-established specialist provider of legal education – with roots dating back to 1876, we've trained more lawyers than anyone else.
- Our 250+ tutors are qualified lawyers passionate about teaching law
- An innovative approach to learning think and act like a professional from day one
- High levels of support and feedback and access to an award winning careers service
- Nine fully-resourced modern centres around the UK, all in city or campus locations
- Connections with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms many of whom send their trainees and lawyers exclusively to us - and close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
- Ongoing support who can advise you on life in practice as a lawyer
Undergraduate Law Degrees
Thinking about studying for an LLB law degree?
At The University of Law, we believe our undergraduate students should understand how the law is applied in a real-world context, as well as being challenged academically.
No other law university can match our reputation and commitment to preparing you for a career in the fast moving worlds of law and business.
We have always been confident in our teaching and the results we consistently achieve for our students. The University of Law was recently awarded a gold ranking in the Government led Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)* and is a fantastic endorsement in our belief that we really do set our students up for success.
Making the right choice about where to study your law degree is so important and as the UK’s longest-established specialist provider of legal education with roots dating back to 1876, we can offer:
- An array of study options, with three-year full-time, two-year accelerated full-time, four year full-time with foundation year and four-year online part-time LLB programmes (100% online)
- A TEF gold* teaching team of over 250 qualified and experienced solicitors, barristers and judges
- An innovative and practical approach to learning that encourages you to think and act like a professional from day one
- A high level of support and feedback with an emphasis on maximising your employability prospects and achieving your career aspirations
- Seven fully-resourced modern campuses around the UK, all in city or campus locations
- Connections with hundreds of law firms in the UK and globally, in fact over 30 leading law firms send their trainees exclusively to us
- We accept students under the age of 18, if you are 17 when the course starts. (see
entry requirements for more detail)
- Benefit from ongoing support from a personal tutor who can advise you on a life in practice as a lawyer
- Continue your legal education with us after gaining your law degree
Learn more about the benefits of studying at the University of Law
*The TEF panel judged that ULaw delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK. Find out more at www.hefce.ac.uk
NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2019: STUDY A RANGE OF POSTGRADUATE COURSES IN NOTTINGHAM
Our innovative postgraduate law courses are designed and taught by lawyers with real commercial experience and have a strong emphasis on building the practical skills that employers are looking for. We offer flexibility to suit your needs: choose to study on campus or online with a choice of full-time and part-time options.
New MAs - starting from September 2019
Our MAs from our new Master's in Law suite of programmes are designed for non-law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of law.
Legal Practice Course (LPC)
For students with a GDL or law degree, our LPC is the best preparation to practise as a solicitor, with the skills to succeed in business. Want to study online? Visit our i-LLM LPC page.
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
For students with a GDL or law degree, our BPTC now includes the option to qualify with an additional Master of Laws (BPTC LLM) to help you secure pupillage and prepare you for life as a barrister.
New LLMs - Starting from September 2019
Our LLMs from our new Master's in Law suite of programmes are designed for law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of the law. Study face to face or online.
LLM Legal Practice Programmes
Master English Law and progress your career with our face-to-face LLMs Legal Practice Programmes. Choose from three specialisms: Commercial Law, Conflict Resolution and Intellectual Property. LLM Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) is also available in collaboration with Webster Vienna Private University.
Online LLM Programmes
Designed for law graduates and qualified lawyers, our LLMs will broaden your career horizons and enhance your legal skills in a specialised practice area: LLM Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution) and LLM Legal Practice (Intellectual Property).
MSc or PGDip in Legal Technology
Our MSc and PGDip in Legal Technology is available for both law and non-law graduates, providing you with an insight into this rapidly developing area. You will learn the basics of this exciting and often disruptive technology in a legal context and the regulation which is being formed around it.
Online MSc Programmes
Building on expertise gained from the International Compliance Association (ICA) Professional Postgraduate Diploma, or the STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising, develop your international legal and compliance, legal and financial crime compliance, or private wealth advice knowledge with our career enhancing Masters qualifications.
* 97% of our full-time 2016/17 and accelerated 2017/17 LPC students graduating in summer 2017 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course.