The University of Law has successfully run this course over the past 2 years in partnership with The Centre for Legal Leadership (CLL).
Event date: 15 & 16 March 2023
Event type: Course
Duration: 7 hours over two sessions
Provided by: The University of Law and The Centre for Legal Leadership
ULaw and CLL have devised this course using knowledge from experts within the in-house legal sector. We have also used the feedback from our first offering to further develop the course, ensuring our content is of the highest quality.
The course presents the essential skills needed to become an effective in-house lawyer, examines what a business requires from their in-house lawyer, and explores how this is achieved.
If you are new to the role of an in-house lawyer, returning to the role, or simply a lawyer wishing to know more about working in-house, then this course is for you.
- examine the role of the in-house lawyer and further explore their position as both a lawyer and business adviser.
- learn key skills and behaviours required by an effective in-house lawyer.
- understand how an effective in-house lawyer can add value to an organisation.
- explore risk assessment, workload management and successful communication.
By the end of the course attendees will:
- realise how an effective in-house lawyer can add value to their organisation.
- understand the importance of risk assessment when working as an in-house lawyer.
- have improved understanding of the difference between legal and commercial issues.
- effectively prioritise their workload and realise workload limitations.
- realise the value of successful communication.
- identify their potential growth areas for becoming an effective in-house lawyer.
In 2022 individual places cost £399+VAT which covers the cost of both sessions. Subject to change for 2023.
Upon completion of the course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from ULaw/CLL. Participants will also gain discounts and early access to future courses and membership to future networking events as the Alumni group grows.
You will also receive important contributions from experienced GCs and members of CLL, who will appear online throughout the course sessions.
2023 speakers included:
Nicolina Andall, Senior Corporate Counsel at Atlas Copco
Alessandro Galtieri, Deputy General Counsel and Group Data Protection Officer at Colt
Michael Phillips, Senior Lawyer at Schroders Personal Wealth
Louise Berg, General Counsel at Automotive Transformation Group
For more details on the course, including how to register, please contact: [email protected]