Tax remains one of the most important considerations when companies or businesses are planning acquisitions or disposals of their assets or shares. This three-hour face-to-face course provides junior corporate lawyers with a basic understanding of how tax interacts with such transactions.
It is available on an in-house or consortium basis for organisations with a number of delegates and incorporates know-how from the renowned Practical Law.
The course is aimed at junior corporate lawyers, or those who are new to the practice area and looking to refresh their knowledge.
- Provides essential basic tax knowledge, specifically tailored to corporate practice
- Builds confidence in dealing with this challenging area
- Designed and delivered by experienced practitioners with major City firm experience
- Incorporates know-how from the renowned Practical Law
- Practical and interactive to ensure learning is directly applicable in the workplace
Find out more
Call +44 (0)1483 216 663
This face-to-face course is delivered by our highly experienced trainers at a time and location to suit you. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of tax and how it impacts on corporate transactions
- Understand what a buyer or seller's tax objectives might be on a share purchase transaction and an asset purchase transaction, and how these can best be achieved
- Understand and identify the key tax issues that arise on a share purchase transaction and an asset purchase transaction
- Appreciate how tax is dealt with in the relevant transaction document
- Understand the tax factors that might influence how consideration is structured on a corporate transaction
Modules can be delivered throughout the year to meet your requirements.
Training can be delivered either at one of our centres, your premises or an appropriate third party venue nationwide.
Course fees vary according to requirements. Please contact us directly for a personalised quotation to meet your needs.
To discuss how we can meet your organisation's requirements and for more information, please call our Client Contact Centre on +44 (0)1483 216 663 or e-mail email@example.com
We go to great lengths to ensure that the information provided is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to withdraw or change, for any reason and without notice, any of the programmes and/or to alter tuition fees, locations, entry requirements and/or the facilities and/or services available from or provided by or on behalf of the University. Please note that the choice of subjects may be limited by considerations of timetable, staffing and/or available places on a course.
The course has been accredited for three CPD hours by both the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
Corporate Training Consortia
This programme is also offered as a module on our Corporate Training Consortia (CTC). To find out more about our Consortia training programmes please contact our Client Contact Centre on +44 (0)1483 216 663.
For legal employers
To maximise profit and potential… give your lawyers an edge with our Professional Development training courses. Contact us to discuss your training requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access our training by practice area
From tax to trusts, we have quality training covering all the major practice areas - more information on practice areas.