When it comes to banking and finance, you can count on usFor lawyers forging a career in banking and finance law, our in-house banking and finance programme will impart the skills and knowledge to ensure they can add real value to any team.
The flexible programme is designed for lawyers with 0-3 years PQE and offers a choice of ten practical and interactive modules. Each module provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of this vital industry and is a firm foundation on which to build and hone specialist knowledge and technical skills.
This structured programme of ten short face-to-face modules is designed to provide banking and finance lawyers with a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of banking law and practice. The training is available on an in-house basis for organisations with a number of delegates – or through membership of our banking and finance consortium. Many of the modules incorporate know-how from the renowned Practical Law, and organisations can select a programme of modules to suit their specific needs.
The programme is aimed at junior banking and finance lawyers (0-3 years PQE) or those who are new to the practice area and looking to refresh their knowledge.
- Choose from our programme of ten modules to build an incremental learning programme to meet your needs
- Each module focuses on a key element of a banking transaction, from the initial stages of a deal to what happens when things go wrong – providing a foundation upon which specialist knowledge and technical skills can be developed
- Builds confidence when dealing with issues that arise in banking transactions, whether acting for a borrower or a lender
- Modules designed and delivered by experienced practitioners with major City firm experience
- Incorporates know-how from the renowned Practical Law
- Practical programme with interactive exercises to develop legal knowledge and commercial awareness – to ensure learning is directly applicable in the workplace
Find out more
Call +44 (0)1483 216 663
Organisations select a relevant programme from our list of ten short face-to-face modules. Modules are then delivered by our highly experienced trainers at a time and location to suit you.
The modules available are as follows:
- Raising Finance (4.5 hours)
- Loan Facility Agreement (4.5 hours)
- Transfer of Loans (3 hours)
- Secured Lending (4.5 hours)
- Subordination (3 hours)
- Capital Markets (3 hours)
- Insolvency Aspects of Corporate Loans (4.5 hours)
- Tax for Banking Lawyers (3 hours)
- Derivatives (3 hours)
- Islamic Finance (3 hours)
The objectives of the programme are to enable participants to:
- Understand the main types and structures of corporate borrowing, and how lenders raise money
- Understand the general structure of a loan facility agreement and its key clauses
- Understand the reasons for and methods of transfers of loans by banks
- Appreciate the concepts of taking and perfecting security
- Consider the reasons for and methods of subordination
- Understand capital markets and types of debt security, and the form and nature of a bond
- Review of insolvency law for debt finance lawyers
- Understand tax matters relevant to banking lawyers
- Understand the nature of derivatives and how the market in derivatives works
The programme can be delivered throughout the year to meet your requirements.
Training can be delivered either at one of our centres, your premises or an appropriate third party venue nationwide.
In-house course fees vary according to requirements. Consortium course fees are split between the organisations attending. Please contact us directly for a personalised quotation to meet your needs.
To discuss how we can meet your organisation's requirements and for more information on our banking and finance consortium, please call our Client Contact Centre on 0800 289997 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We go to great lengths to ensure that the information provided is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to withdraw or change, for any reason and without notice, any of the programmes and/or to alter tuition fees, locations, entry requirements and/or the facilities and/or services available from or provided by or on behalf of the University. Please note that the choice of subjects may be limited by considerations of timetable, staffing and/or available places on a course.
All modules have been accredited for CPD hours by both the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board. The number of CPD hours achieved depends on module length.
Banking Finance Training Consortium
We also offer our Banking Finance Training Consortium (BFTC). To find out more about our Consortia training programmes please contact our Client Contact Centre on 0800 289997.
For legal employers
To maximise profit and potential…give your lawyers an edge with our Professional Development training courses. Contact us to discuss your training requirements at email@example.com
Access our training by practice area
From tax to trusts, we have quality training covering all the major practice areas - more information on practice areas.