Our Employability Service brings together the Careers and Pro Bono departments to provide you with the information, advice, practical experience and contact with the profession that you need to succeed in your legal career.
To achieve this, we have a dedicated Employability Service Team across the University, with each centre having its own careers and pro bono experts.
So whichever centre you choose, you will have access to a wealth of support unrivalled in legal education:
- StEP, our online Student Employability Programme, won the 2013 Association of Graduate Recruiters’ ‘Best Preparation for work initiative’
- We were at the forefront of pioneering pro bono opportunities for law students and our programmes have been nominated for a number of awards. In 2013, we were shortlisted for ‘Best New Pro Bono Activity’ in the LawWorks and Attorney General Student Pro Bono Awards for our Yorkshire Tribunal Advocacy Project
- 96% of our full-time 2015/16 and accelerated 2016/16 LPC students graduating in summer 2016 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course
- We receive consistently excellent feedback from students who have used our service
The employability service is so useful and has helped guide my future plansAmanda Isabella Cheng , LLB Student, Bloomsbury
The reputation of the university is second to none and the careers statics make it stand outAlic Wright , LPC Student, Manchester
With guidance from the careers service I was offered a training contract in my GDL yearRobert Jeffrey , LLM LPC Student, Bristol
* 97% of our full-time 2016/17 and accelerated 2017/17 LPC students graduating in summer 2016 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course.