Clearing FAQs

What is Clearing? 

Clearing is the time of year when applicants who haven’t secured a place at a university can be matched to the institutions with places still available. In 2017, 139 students found their place at The University of Law through Clearing.

If you would like to apply through clearing simply call: 0800 009 3375.

How to register for Adjustment

Log on to UCAS Track where you’ll see the option to register for Adjustment, then follow our What's Next? Clearing Checklist for a step-by-step guide of what you'll need to do once your place has been confirmed.

Your first choice will be safe while you look at your options and will be safe until you confirm your place and the new university/college has added itself to your application.

Find out how to register for Adjustment on the UCAS website

What is the telephone number for Adjustment?

The telephone number to apply through Adjustment is the same as our Clearing number: 0800 009 3375.

I planned to take a gap year this year, so haven’t applied through UCAS. Can I apply now?

Yes. Through Clearing/Adjustment you will be able to apply to The University of Law. This process is initiated once you phone us. You will simply need to fill out a UCAS late application form which can be found on the UCAS Clearing website.

I really want to study at The University of Law but already have a place at another University. Am I still able to apply?

Yes. You are able to apply via Clearing or Adjustment by simply calling us on 0800 009 3375. Please note you will have to contact the university currently offering you a place before you accept an offer that we may make you.

How can I apply to The University of Law through Clearing/Adjustment?

The process to apply through Clearing or Adjustment is the same. Simply call 0800 009 3375.. If you've achieved results that are better than those required to meet your current university offer and these grades satisfy our entry requirements then you will be able to apply to us through adjustment.

How long will it take me to find out if I have been accepted through Clearing/Adjustment?

The decision is usually made during the phone call that we have with you. You will then need to complete the rest of the process with UCAS Track.

What will happen about funding my degree?

If you’ve already been approved to receive a loan from Student Finance, then you can still use that loan for your degree. You’ll need to let Student Finance know about the change of university, though. Read our What's Next? section to find out more about financing your law degree. 

Do you have halls of residence and can I still apply?

We have a number of accommodation options available depending on which campus you'll be studying at. Simply contact our Accommodation team and they will be more than happy to help you.

Call us on 0800 009 3375 (UK) or 01483 216024 (International)

You can also e-mail us at or visit one of our centres. Learn about our clearing opening times.