Undergraduate Scholarships and Bursaries
At The University of Law Business School, we believe it's important to support future business leaders and provide them with the opportunity to achieve their career ambitions. We believe that regardless of your personal circumstances or background, you should have the opportunity to complete your studies.
The Lord Blunkett Widening Access Award
The Lord Blunkett Widening Access Award aims to support students whose circumstances may otherwise limit their opportunity to complete a business course and enter the world of business. We're offering this award of £1,000 to £3,000 to ten eligible students commencing an on campus undergraduate business course at The University of Law Business School in September 2019.
- BBC at A-Level (or equivalent), although some flexibility in criteria based on the student’s situation
- Household income below £25,000
To be eligible for this award, you must have:
- Applied for an on campus business undergraduate commencing in September 2019 at London Bloomsbury and received an offer to study at The University of Law Business School
- Applied for the award and have been invited to complete the online assessment
- Had a household income of less than £25,000 in the tax year 2017/2018
For more information on the eligibility criteria for the award please read our Terms and Conditions.
How it works
- Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting "Business" as the subject heading, by 5 September 2019
- You will need to have applied to study an on campus undergraduate degree and received an offer to study at The University of Law Business School in September 2019
- Complete the online assessment, consisting of 20 multiple choice questions, by 9 September 2019
- Award winners will be notified by 13 September 2019 (immediately if all criteria met)
As part of the application process, you’ll need to provide the following personal information:
- Full name
- Confirmation that you have obtained or expect to be awarded BBC at A Level (or equivalent)
- Household income
- Any challenges or exceptional circumstances that may limit your opportunity to study business with us